The Benefits of Yoga
Below are just a few of the benefits Yoga has to offer:
- Yoga has many benefits from healing ailments, lowering high blood pressure and cholesterol, reducing levels of sugar in the blood of diabetics and relieving stress and anxiety with controlled breathing and certain Asanas.
- Yoga asanas can flush out toxins and speed up recovery after exercise. Athletes risk becoming injured, sick or burnout from too much training and not getting enough recovery. With a carefully control training plan and by incorporating Yoga sessions into your plan you can get stronger and cope better with the hard sessions, whilst recovering quicker for your next training session.
- Yoga can also keep you younger for longer, by increasing your flexibility and strength. As you get older the muscle mass starts to decline. Bones can also become weaker but by practicing Yoga and other strength/load bearing exercises you can slow down the process.
- Yoga lowers levels of the stress hormone cortisol, helping the body to destroy viruses and to helps the immune system fight off diseases.
- Controlled breathing and certain Asanas can help to alleviate asthma and to give an energy boost to the body, it can help you to relax better so your sleep improves and you feel happier and more relaxed overall.