Simple Fitness Tips
- Try to exercise most days even if it’s just going for a walk, doing yoga or swimming. It doesn’t have to be hard core every day but try to get into the habit of moving as much as possible.
- Set realistic goals that you are more likely to stick to, you won’t lose weight overnight or suddenly become fit, it takes time. Aim to just lose 1 or 2 kg a month or start using the gym just 2 or 3 times a week, even if it’s for just for 20 minutes. You are more likely to stick to the new routine and be successful.
- Try interval training, you can use any machine or even run outside, try a 20 minute interval session by going hard for 3 minutes and taking 1 minute easy, repeat this 5 or 6 times. You will burn more calories and make the session more interesting.
- Aim to eat more natural foods, avoiding junk and processed foods. Try to eat plenty of colourful fruits and vegetables, around 5 to 7 portions a day.
- Drink more water and avoid plastic bottles by using glass or a stainless steel flask to help protect the environment. Aim to drink 2 litres a day.
- Try to think positively, say to your self you enjoy exercise, you feel fitter each day or I am losing weight.