Tips To Keep Fit During Ramadan
During the holy month of Ramadan you can still stay healthy and fit. Try these tips to keep in shape and avoid gaining weight.
- Just as you should never skip breakfast, never skip Suhour, the meal before dawn. Eating well at this meal will help to keep you going until Iftar when you break your fast. Try to eat complex carbohydrates such as oats, cereals, whole grain bread, brown rice, potatoes and vegetables along with lots of fruits.
- Drink juices and plenty of water to keep hydrated and try to avoid tea and coffee as these will dehydrate you.
- Eat plenty of protein rich foods such eggs, yogurt, lentils, chickpeas and meat.
- Avoid sugary drinks and foods and fatty dishes, replace them with nourishing soups, salads, beans and lean meats.
- Eat smaller meals once you break your fast, don’t eat a big meal straight away.
- Take a multivitamin or try wheatgrass to make sure you are getting all your vitamins and minerals.
- The best time to work out is just before you break your fast to avoid dehydration or a couple of hours after you have eaten.
- Try more gentler workouts such as yoga, core exercises and toning routines or try swimming or walking.